Thursday, March 10, 2011

Nesting!!!!!!

Well Todd says, "Momma is getting her nest ready!"  I've been pretty busy last two days putting the crib together and doing some craft projects to decorate Braden's nursery.  It's pretty much all done except for clearing some items on the bookshelf and then putting up the curtain rod and valance.  It's starting to get a little more real especially knowing that sunday is the start of an 8 week count down till his due date!


I can't tell you how many times I've had to tell Bailey, our cat, not to jump into the crib!  He's worse then a child sometimes.  I guess it gives new meaning to the curiosity kills the cat!  He was actually successful just tonight for the first time when I turned my back to fold a blanket.  We have to keep the door closed so he isn't tempted when we aren't there.  Somehow I think that might change when there is a screaming child in the room!  He also love to hide under the crib, jump up on the dresser, and sleep in the glider rocker...cats, what are you gonna do with them!


The name is official now that the letters are up!  I love the name and didn't really see us changing it anyways.  Hope everyone else likes it but guess it really doesn't matter since he's our child.  The full name will be Braden Michael Christen!  I think it flows nicely.  I stained the shelf that I got in the unfinished wood section of Joanne Fabrics with an ebony stain to match the rest of the furniture.  The small square picture frames I got at Ikea and then I glued ribbon to the back so I could hang them from the wood pegs.  I may decide to put pictures of Braden in there at some point but for right now they say Inspire, Laugh, Dream, and Love!  I wanted his room to be full of positive words.  The letters I also got at Joanne's and then I put patterned scrapbook paper on the front of them by using decoupage method.  It was so fun to do and I think they turned out great!


The Teddy Bear's are just waiting for their playmate!


The dresser will also have the changing pad on it instead of using an actual changing table that will have no purpose once your done with it.  I like this dresser since it is higher too for my 6 foot 3 inch husband who will be changing tons of diapers in the near future even if he thinks he won't!  I want him to be comfortable changing them and not all bent over.  Hehehe!


It's hard to see in the picture but the frame says IMAGINATION!


The lovely glider chair which I'm sure I see spending countless hours in the near future rocking my son to sleep or doing those late night feedings.  I've been sitting in it getting some practice.  It's hard to imagine in 2 months I will actually be holding my OWN son!



Finished blanket number two while visiting with Nannie today.  It looks like I did tons of work on this one but I have to be honest and say that I didn't.  Joanne's is great about buying panels of fabric that has everything done on it.  The whole entire front came in one piece and then I just put the warm and natural in the center, the backing, and then had to do the binding.  Great blanket to do with not as much effort...my favorite kind!


Third and final blanket is just two pieces of flannel put together then I used the blanket stitch with embroidery thread for the edging.  

Well now I'm ready to take on the rest of the house and clean/organize everything to minimize stress after the baby comes if there is such a thing as that.  I had another OB appointment today.  Braden's heart beat sounded great and he is growing right on schedule (or at least my belly is measuring on target).  All is good in the Christen house....Hope everyone else is doing well too!  Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. It is so beautiful. Looks like it could be in a magazine. I know you have already thought about this but when he gets older do the blinds have cords. There has even been an incident with the string that runs through the actual blind. I love all your projects. You are so crafty. It is hard to imagine that you are so close. Get ready to love another person more than you ever thought possible. It is overwelming. Love the blankets. I love everything. It is so picture perfect. Do you think you will keep him in your room for a while? I am just going to send you an email. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! You did an amazing job w/ the nursery decorating! How fun! I seriously wish I had your energy to do all those projects. For now I can't even keep up on my mending to-do's!

    ReplyDelete